One of the key responsibilities of a Manager is the "paper work" associated with Training.
Consider these points when arranging training:
(1) Make sure the Employee knows Where, When, How long and Why
(2) Write down on the employees' record what training has been scheduled.
(3) Arrange back up person to cover their job where possible.
During their absence
(4) Make sure that the Staff member does not receive interruptions from outside whilst attending training.
(5) Where possible try to get some of the Staff members' work done while they are away.
After the Training
FOLLOW UP AND KEEPING RECORDS ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT FOR YOU AS THEY ARE FOR THE STAFF MEMBER
If you have good records of progress Staff Appraisals are much easier, as you have clear facts and not just "cloudy memories or assumptions" to go by.
(6) Make notes in the personnel records of what has been achieved
(7) Schedule a follow up to check progress.
03 487 9738